lupine seedlings

I have some lupine seedling growing in a pot. They have 2 sets of their true leaves and are developing their 3rd. I was wondering if I could transplant them to their permanent location now or transplant them to a larger pot and wait until the Fall to put them in their permanent location. Thanks in advance.
-Theo NYC, zone 7
Transplant them to their permanent location. Water well and protect them from nest builders.