Lovage seedling

Hello,

I planted some lovage seeds over a month ago. I have some seedlings, but unfortunately I don't know if these are weeds.

I did not use sterilized soil so the weeds are coming up with the lovage. I was hoping someone would be able to describe what the lovage seedling looks like. Germination from Nichols seeds was _extremely_ poor, but I believe I have 3 or 4 seedlings (out of about

100 seeds). These seedling leaves that I think are lovage are 'star shape', with several points jutting outward...I suppose someone could say they look like "weed".

I can recognize most local weed seeds, and these seedlings are the only ones that don't look like a weed. Let me know if there's a pic somewhere of a lovage seedling, thanks very much.

Dan

Reply to
dstvns

No, lovage is certainly not more delicate than celery. Those leaves are _huge_. A mature plant can get to 3 m (3 yards) tall, and the leaves themselves can be up to 1 m (1 yard) long.

Henriette

Reply to
Henriette Kress

Ah. This I couldn't tell from the picture. It needs quite a bit of room then.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Meadows

Pick a tiny piece of the leaf, crush it and smell it. It should smell like very strong celery.

Reply to
Beth Jensen

Thanks, I did. It is definetly lovage growing. Thanks for all the help,

Dna

Reply to
dstvns