Lotus

Tomorrow I am going to a lake in Florida to get some wild lotus but I don`t know what special cares to have... Basically I am going to shove my hand through the muddy waters (below a withered lotus flower) and to the bottom (will I touch roots?? or soil??). Then I am going to grab whatever is there and pull it up carefully. I expect to bring up several intertwinned potato-looking tubers which I will have to break somewhere in order to seperate and make transportable. I really wanted to be successfull in bringing back possible lotus tubers but what cares do I need? If I do what will I kill it? I would really appreciate some help, some guidance.

Bruno PhD student University of Florida

Reply to
astronomer

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unfortunately, I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the endorsements or recommendations I make.

Reply to
dr-solo

I grew a lotus from seed last year, from a pod I bought at a craft store (Michaels) with the dried flowers. It grew amazingly fast and began to spread by underground runners while it was just a few weeks old. I had it in a rubbery plastic flower pot with no drainage hole, and a few minnows in the water to keep the mosquitoes out. Alas, I thought they were hardy, but I let a hard freeze kill the leaves before I brought it inside for the winter (the water in the pot did not freeze) and it didn't come back. I'll plant another one this winter indoors so I can set a good sized plant out and maybe have it bloom.

Bob

snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.xx.com wrote:

Reply to
zxcvbob

Why not do it the legal way, go buy one?

Reply to
animaux