Lots a lemons

I have a "lots of lemons" which desperately needs to be repotted into its lifetime pot but it is always in fruit or flowering. I don't want to kill it what will I do? I have L Plates.
--
butterflygirl

On 5/13/2009 12:00 AM, butterflygirl wrote:

Lemons are ever-bearing. They have no season but flower and produce fruit year round.
Just repot it. You might lose some fruit; but in a home garden, even a dwarf lemon can produce more than you can use.
For a do-it-yourself recipe for potting mix, see my <http://www.rossde.com/garden/garden_potting_mix.html . Also, see my <http://www.rossde.com/garden/dwarf_citrus.html .
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean

A agree with the other post, just repot it. Set it in the dark for a day or two after transplanting to help reduce the stress. Expect it to drop some leaves, but in a few weeks you will see new growth and a happier plant.