looking fro a certain rose variety

I'd like to find a joseph tecni color coat rose but I don't know any other name for it it is a varatious rose that seems to take over any where it's planted without careful pruning but I love the beautiful multi color flowers they range from almost purple to pink to white with colored edges peach and yellow just all kinds of colors on one bush and lots of the flowers are multi colored I've checked my local garden supply and houses and and a few catilogs and can't find it is there another name for it or is there a website or place where I can order it? My mother had one but when I asked her where she got it she said she dug it up on a condemned lot uggggg leave it to her to get all her neat plants that way . Thanks Michelle

There is a rose called "Joseph's Coat"
http://www.veseys.com/store.cfm?product%84
http://hortiplex.gardenweb.com/plants/p1/gw1049636.html
http://www.justourpictures.com/roses/josephscoat.html
Is this the one?
--

- Charles
-

'Joseph's Coat' is a common climber, been around for years - should be readily available pretty much anywhere roses are sold and most certainly from rose mail order sources. It is a very popular and hardy rose, moderately disease free. It opens from yellow buds and as the flowers age, they change from yellow to tones of orange, red and finally a pinkish red - no white or purple. The effect is multicolored when in bloom but it is a similar effect to many other roses that change color as the flowers age. True multicolored roses have petals that are more than one color - often called bi-colors, picotees and various other terms. They seem to be having a popularity increase, as hybridizers have been cranking them out like mad in recent years. Personally, I find the ones that change color as they age more appealing, like Joseph's Coat, Mutabilis, Peace, etc.
pam - gardengal
'Joseph's Coat' was the most thorny rose I ever had. When it failed to survive having its roots disturbed when the adjacent block wall was replaced (repairs from the 1994 Northridge earthquake), I replaced it with '4th of July'.
--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/

I checked out the heritage rose site but they had no roses under the catigory bi-color they had a link under colors called bi ccolor but alas no roses but noow I know what to look for at my garden center I can ask better questions What is a good book for rose gardening I'm trying to start a small rose garden for the statue of mary I erected in my garden I thought I would try a more complex garden arangement than I've done before When is a good time to start planting I am going to go sort of slow since I'm new to roses and just plant one at a time and see how it goes but I'de like to have a little fountain and mary an some nice roses to train over her and some to cut for the house
thanks Michelle
On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 08:10:37 -0800, "Anonny Moose"

Michelle, I thought you were looking specifically for Joseph's Coat which my link should have opened to. If the link didn't work, you could do a search for Joseph's Coat. Disregard this if you were looking for some other bi-color. Planting time depends on your location. Karen

Joseph's Coat should be easy enough to find at a local garden center, but it's not very suited to cold climates or to climates that have a lot of heat and humidity. It's very winter tender and needs to be protected, and it's also pretty disease prone, requiring a regular spray program to keep it free of black spot.

Heirloom Roses' catalog describes it this way: "Very vigorous and easy to grow even in inferior soil. Very disease resistant, continual blooming and hardy zones 5-10."