looking for sarsaparilla

"Hound Dog" writes in article dated Fri, 29 Apr 2005 23:59:46 -0500:

FDA. They said it was because it's a mild carcinogen, but probably the real reason is that the main chemical is a precursor to the recreational drug ecstacy, and the government wanted to shut down the X labs in the US.

-- spud_demon -at- thundermaker.net The above may not (yet) represent the opinions of my employer.

Reply to
Spud Demon

Sarsaparilla beverage is made from the roots of the sassafras tree -- see

. They are widely distributed in the eastern US. I used to chew on sassafras twigs as a youngster. Now is not the time to plant one, but several online nurseries offer them. Just Google for "sassafras tree."

Cheers,

Karl W.

I have searched Burpee's, and done google searches looking for a source... does anyone have ideas on where to obtain some?

Reply to
Karl L. Wuensch