looking for Pine tree called "Levanine"???

I saw a different looking pine tree at a local nursery. It was planted in their front area. I asked inside, and they told me it is a "Levanine". I have no idea how to spell it, but I'd like to buy one. Anyone know the correct spelling, and where I could get one? My local nursery stated they "may" get one in the spring. TIA, Rudy
(Efbluefalcons) wrote:

Possibly Levantine? (the land area at the eastern end of the Mediterranean Sea) If so, maybe it's the same tree that's also called Aleppo pine.
cheers,
Marj
* * * Marj Tiefert: http://www.mindspring.com/~mtiefert/ Mediterranean Garden Shop: http://stores.tiefert.com/garden / In Sunset zone 14-mild
I wonder if it might be Cedrus libani? Aka Cedar of Lebabnon. Not a pine, but a picturesque conifer. Somewhat difficult to find IMHO
--
elizabeth, Baton Rouge, LA
http://community.webshots.com/user/elott63