looking for Pine tree called "Levanine"???

I saw a different looking pine tree at a local nursery. It was planted in their front area. I asked inside, and they told me it is a "Levanine". I have no idea how to spell it, but I'd like to buy one. Anyone know the correct spelling, and where I could get one? My local nursery stated they "may" get one in the spring. TIA, Rudy

Reply to
Efbluefalcons

Possibly Levantine? (the land area at the eastern end of the Mediterranean Sea) If so, maybe it's the same tree that's also called Aleppo pine.

cheers,

Marj

  • * * Marj Tiefert:
    Mediterranean Garden Shop:
    Sunset zone 14-mild
Reply to
M. Tiefert

I wonder if it might be Cedrus libani? Aka Cedar of Lebabnon. Not a pine, but a picturesque conifer. Somewhat difficult to find IMHO

Reply to
Elizabeth