Looking for lists of trees for a specific area

After three hurricanes in a row, we suddenly have more room in our yard than we did before, but I want to put my trees back. I'm looking for a book or website that allows me to browse by zones.
I'm in hardiness zone 9 and heat zone 9. So far none of the books or sites has offered what I want and I'm starting to feel unloved. Can anyone help?
Thanks, chris
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Chris Bridges) wrote:

Zone 9 encompasses swamps and deserts. Trees don't depend just on zone, they depend upon climate also.
Try:
http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/pdffiles/EP/EP01800.pdf Fact Sheet ENH-22 "Ornamental Trees for South Florida"
http://www.treelink.org/linx/?navSubCatRef4 Selecting Trees
http://www.agen.ufl.edu/~foodsaf/dh103.html How to Select and Plant a Tree
http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/hort/hil/pdf/hil-637.pdf Small Trees for NC
http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/hort/hil/pdf/hil-638.pdf Large Trees for NC
http://www.wmeco.com/programs/pdf/wmeco_treesshrubs.pdf Trees & Shrubs for your Community
http://www.aufa.com/pdfs/tree-guide.pdf Final Tree Brochure
Also contact your County Extension Service (County Agent).
Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA USA http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman
Chris Bridges wrote:

Usually, you local agricultural extension office (or agricultural cooperative service) can help you with this. Although generally a state agency, they work with county governments; so look in your phone book under your county's listings. Or look on the Web in your county's Web site.
--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/
On 2 Oct 2004 17:42:30 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Chris Bridges) wrote:

Look around the neighborhood, which kinds didn't get destroyed.
--

- Charles
-