Looking for information on hostas

I would like to plant a small hosta garden this year (first time).
Any suggestions on how I should go about doing this?
Thanks.
Have you considered putting it in the ground?
http://www.hostalibrary.org /

Cereus-validus..... Wrote:

Hi Linda, Not sure what you are asking here, but I'd say to add lots of compost mix well and plant in shade. If you want design ideas you could go t www.google.com and put hosta in the search box and click on 'Images'. You'll get a lot of nice pics of combinations.
Some hints that might be helpful. The blue hostas hold their colo better with very little or no sun. The golden hostas will usuall tolerate more sun but are great for brightening up shady corners. Th thicker leaved hostas resist slugs better. You should find thes helpful as well as the one you were given by Cereus-validus.
http://tinyurl.com/5wdt6 http://www.giboshi.com /
New
-- Newt
Check out www.hostalibrary.org for all kinds of info on hostas.

Hostas are very easy to grow. Where are you?
On 4 Feb 2005 10:24:37 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@siemens.com (Linda) wrote:

My experience is that they are the easiest of all plants to grow. We dug some up at The Big Kahunah's house and stuck 'em in the ground here. Grow like crazy.
John