list of English and latin names

Hi everyone!
I am a Spanish gardener trying to improve her English language. I have just discovered your forum which it seems very interesting! My question is: Is there anyone who can send me a list of plantīs names where I can match English names with latin names? It would be a very good lesson for me. Thanks a lot! And sorry for my English (I am trying it)
--
constanza

Add pictures here
✖
On 8/26/2009 7:42 AM, constanza wrote:

Your use of the English language is quite good. It is better than what I have seen from individuals who are native speakers of English.
You might look at the "Dictionary of Botanical Epithets" at <http://www.winternet.com/~chuckg/dictionary.html . This translatesfrom one of the two parts of a botanical name into the equivalent English. The Dictionary is oriented towards alpine plants (plants that grow in the mountains). It gives the origins of name-parts as well as their meaning.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture has "Plants Database" at <http://plants.usda.gov/ . There you can enter either a botanical nameor a common name and get the other.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean