Liquid soap

the liquid soap I normally get is ok, its just the shampoo that is drying. A mate who did a few days house/mutt sitting before dad in law left behind some 'organic' hemp shampoo. Thats a lot nicer to my hair.

rob

Reply to
George.com

I have been using el cheapo shampoo (left behind by dad in law when he was house/mutt sitting recently) as liquid soap after a day in the garden. I notice that the shampoo leaves my hands dry and rough. Just imagine what the crap does to your scalp. Dandruff storm anyone?

rob

Reply to
George.com

I'm thinking about switching to soaps/shampoos made from vegetable materials, without sodium lauryl sulfate, which is apparently the "operative" element in soap/shampoo/detergent whether from drugstore or fancy maker. (Tom's of Maine does contain it.)

Haven't done so yet, so can't attest to their efficacy, but at next Farmer's Market, I will buy a cake from the soap guy.

Googled the term, and got a lot of hits.

Each to their own decision, but reading through some of the sites that I googled gave food for thought.

One of the SLS sites links to Toxins. Some hairy stories, most of them False.

Personally, I haven't experienced the extreme effects on some of the Snopes effects, but I do have very, very dry skin and live in a semi-desert area *, so would be interested to see if switching from SLS (Sodium lauryl sulfate) products might help.

  • You didn't know that the Los Angeles area is a semi-desert? Place wouldn't even exist if water not brought from far away.

Persephone

Reply to
Persephone

What about methylisothiozolinone? I did that from memory believe it or not! Why do we need that in shampoo?

Reply to
Jangchub