Liquid soap

I have been using el cheapo shampoo (left behind by dad in law when he was house/mutt sitting recently) as liquid soap after a day in the garden. I notice that the shampoo leaves my hands dry and rough. Just imagine what the crap does to your scalp. Dandruff storm anyone?
rob

I'm thinking about switching to soaps/shampoos made from vegetable materials, without sodium lauryl sulfate, which is apparently the "operative" element in soap/shampoo/detergent whether from drugstore or fancy maker. (Tom's of Maine does contain it.)
Haven't done so yet, so can't attest to their efficacy, but at next Farmer's Market, I will buy a cake from the soap guy.
Googled the term, and got a lot of hits.
Each to their own decision, but reading through some of the sites that I googled gave food for thought.
One of the SLS sites links to <snopes.com> Toxins. Some hairy stories, most of them False.
Personally, I haven't experienced the extreme effects on some of the Snopes effects, but I do have very, very dry skin and live in a semi-desert area *, so would be interested to see if switching from SLS (Sodium lauryl sulfate) products might help.
* You didn't know that the Los Angeles area is a semi-desert? Place wouldn't even exist if water not brought from far away.
Persephone
On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 10:56:32 -0700, Persephone wrote:

What about methylisothiozolinone? I did that from memory believe it or not! Why do we need that in shampoo?
<Persephone> wrote in message> wrote:

was
the
the liquid soap I normally get is ok, its just the shampoo that is drying. A mate who did a few days house/mutt sitting before dad in law left behind some 'organic' hemp shampoo. Thats a lot nicer to my hair.
rob