Liquid Lawn Fertilizer

Spreading of solid lawn fertilizer caused a lotofproblems. However careful I am, i leave at least one burnt spot. I wonder why they don't market a cheap liquid concentrate that can besprayed. I see the chem lawn guy sprays the next yard with a liquid spray. HE DOES NOT WALK UP AND DOWN WITH THE STUPID DROP SPREADER! Is there something like liquid fertilizer for the lawn? Does spraying ammonia with a spray-mix (miracle grow type) help for the nitrogen units?

Reply to
NoPatience

It's not fully organic by my standards, but Hasta Gro is a very nice liquid fertilizer which you can use in a hose end sprayer. A gallon cost about 16 dollars and Lowes sells it.

escapee

Liquid kelp concentrate diluted with water is very good stuff. It's organic, doesn't smell like fish (more like the ocean) and a little goes a long way. Do a google on kelp or seaweed fertilizer. My local Anawalt Lumber sells Growmore and I use that for my plants.

Layne

Reply to
Layne

There is no good way of accurately distributing a liquid fertilizer on a large area like a lawn. Hose end sprayers are notoriously inaccurate. If you want to purchase a $600 spray rig and spend the time learning to calibrate it and practice application techniques for a month or so to get it right then liquid fertilizers can work. Otherwise, stick to time release granular fertilizers that don't burn and apply them with a properly calibrated spreader.

Reply to
Sunflower

However careful

market a

lawn guy sprays

DOWN WITH THE

spraying

nitrogen units?

Use a broadcast spreader and fertilize lightly and you'll get done far faster and not have burns.

Bob

Reply to
Bob