lining a whiskey barrel

Page 2 of 2
First of all, I am not an "IT." Second, someone pointed out that Walmart is NOT cheaper and I replied to that by saying THAT is the laziness of the consumer. They assume it is cheaper priced because it is sold at Walmart. I also said I shop at Walmart. Bill is a servere case of narcissitic, self worship.

No, actually. I rarely if ever get rejected. I have a new computer and my husband set up the fake name for good reasons. It does seem you have a social problem in that you feel using a kill file is the answer to your ineptitude to converse with other humans.

Bob, as I mentioned in an earlier post, tightening the hoops on the barrels, while they are dry, will probably be sufficient to make the barrels water tight. Once you have the tools, it takes about 5 min. When the wood gets wet, which may take a few days, it swells and seals itself. If that doesn't work, drop me a line or you can still buy a liner from Myanmar if you want. What you don't pay at Walmart as a consumer, you pay for as a tax payer.
Think globally, buy locally.
Persephone, your hot today girl.
- Bill
Bill Rose wrote:

I wasn't expecting the Spanish Inquisition! ;-)

I'm going to try tightening the hoops, just like you said. I need to pick thru the barrels and make sure I buy one with a good bottom. If it still leaks after a week, I have a big roll of 6 mil plastic already; I don't need to buy a shower curtain liner from Walmart or anybody else.
Thanks, Bob

Let's talk before you spend any money. There is more than one way to . . . uh, hold the thought. If you run into problems, give us a call.
- Bill

No one EVER expects the Spanish Inquisition!
FragileWarrior wrote:

Thank-you. I thought nobody noticed. <sniff>
Bob

The closest Wal*Mart here is 300 miles away. We shop at locally-owned stores and buy our big-ticket items (TV's, winter coats, etc) used. You can live frugally without shopping at WalMart...
Jan
--
Bedouin proverb: If you have no troubles, buy a goat.

On 5/20/2007 5:11 PM, Manelli Family wrote:

No $ General? Importer, but they don't claim otherwise.
--
Ted
I wasn't born in Texas but
On Sun, 20 May 2007 14:37:02 -0700, Persephone wrote:

I assure you Costco buys merchandise from China where they pay 20 cents an hour.

Netflix, if you belong, has a great documentary called:
Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price
I highly recommend it. Netflix will give a two week free trial to anyone who wants to try it.

Of course they do; everything is made in China now. Partly due to the effect of squeeze artists like Walmart that force American suppliers who would LOVE to stay here and employ Americans -- to offshore just so they won't lose their contracts with Walmart.
We *were* talking about the way Costco pays and treats their employees (well!) as opposed to Walmart's philosophy. And did we mention sex discrimination and forcing employees to work extra hours without compensation, and...and...