linden tree

I planted a little leaf linden tree last fall,just got flowers,but there not fragrant like everything I read about this tree.Tree looks extremely good but no nice smell.

scents of different lindens. I find that Tilia tomentosa is the strongest scented (of the commonly planted forms) by a wide margin.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
http://www.malvaceae.info/Genera/Tilia/Britain.html