linden tree

I have beautiful small leaf linden tree ,but some of the lower branches are hanging too low,is it ok to prune some of those lower branches this time of year,i live in Wisconsin.Very hard to cut the grass under these branches .Thanks much.
On 5/29/2014 5:23 PM, pacca wrote:

This says prune prior to bud break:
https://extension.unh.edu/resources/files/Resource000595_Rep617.pdf
Late spring and summer pruning stress the tree.
"pacca" wrote:

No reason you can't judiciously remove some branches... the deer keep mine pruned all year. I suggest reading up on how to make the cut, best to angle the cut so that the top protrudes more to shed rain/snow or dry rot will occur. This -/ Not this -\