lime tree

Hi - about this time of year the lime tree in my garden starts droppin
sticky deposits - no problem. But this year I notice it also sheds som form of black substance that coats all plants, grass and my new pati with a black stain. Any idea of whether this is normal, what it is, i I can prevent it, and how I can wash it off my patio!? Thank
-- deaks99
deaks99 wrote:

The sticky stuff is aphid droppings and the black stuff is sooty mold growing on the sticky stuff.

USDA Zone 8