Lily Seeds

I have some lilly seeds that I collected from mature seed pods a couple of weeks ago. I do not know what type of lillies they were, so I don't know w hether they have to be refrigerated for a month or so before planting. All I can say is that the plants were not the "swamp lillies" that grow in the wild. I live in the Chicago suburbs, so the seeds would naturally fall to the ground sometime in the Fall and then probably not sprout over the winte r. If I refrigerate the seeds for a month or so before planting, will tha t do any damage to the seeds?

are the seeds thick coated?
they might need some mechanical action to let moisture in before planting/sprouting.
otherwise i doubt refrigeration would damage them.
songbird