Lilac Trees

I have 2 lilac trees close to each other 1 lilac 1 white and a bug got on them this Spring and sucked the life right out of the new growth and flower buds to the point that they turned black and died.They have bounced back with new growth but no blossoms.It is small about 1/4 inch,brown,flies when disturbed and has tentacles.It isn't Lilac leaf miners,oyster shell scale or Lilac borers.I've tried a lot of different places but no answers yet.Hope someone here can help.
On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 14:21:00 -0400, duke12canada wrote:

Good day duke, I would say that you have bacterial blight. The insects' maybe helping the spread of the blight or they maybe the vector of the disease. Look here for blight info: <HUGE_URL> http://pep.wsu.edu/hortsense/scripts/query/displayProblem.asp?tableName=plant&problemIDC3&categoryID=1 </HUGE_URL>
Or goto : http://pep.wsu.edu/hortsense / Click on : Ornamentals> Lilac> Bacterial blight Good luck
--
Yard Works Gardening Co.
http://ywgc.com/resources.html