Like Wild Honeysuckle collectibles?

Nice Southern Living collectible wild honeysuckle plate on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&itemC02926887&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Wild honeysuckle is considered a noxious weed in my area.

It's blooming here now, and I love it. I transplanted some to my place last year and I'll be spreading it to more spots next year. ;)

I noticed that when I moved to NC from Michigan. I had Honeysuckle on both sides of my front porch, and loved the smell as you get to the front door. When I got here to NC, I searched in all the nurseries for some for my front porch here. No luck -- nobody sells "that weed".
So I found a nice patch growing up the phone pole, and with my pocket knive and a dixie cup, now have my Honeysuckle.
--
Rich McKinney
Reply to snipped-for-privacy@Carolina-Dot-RR.Com

Vox Humana wrote:

Right. The one on the plate is a native azalea, not a true honeysuckle. Its name comes from its sweet fragrance.
Mike Prager Beaufort, NC (on the coast in zone 8a) (Remove spam traps from email address to reply.)