Lighting

I'm thinking of taking the plunge with propagation mats and metal halide lighting. No, I'm not considering MJ, but I would like to start some herbs and perennials for farmers' market.
Any recommendations for mats? Any ideas about the metal halide lighting? Brands, sources, experiences,etc.
Merci!

Don't know about the mats, but I do just fine with cheap 40watt shop lights.
Regards, Bill