Light?

I have a plant light on my plant rack (5 shelf glass) how many hours should I run it for my seedlings and other house plants? Can I run it too much?

thank you

chaz

Reply to
chaz

Yes you can run it too much. Anything more than 24 hours a day is too much. ;-)

For germinating seedlings, you should set the timer for a long day comparable to spring daylength to encourage growth and for houseplants you should set it for a shorter day for their winter resting period. Get an idea of the times from your Farmer's Almanac.

Reply to
Cereus-validus

It depends on the plant. Many plants respond well to 16-18 hours of light per day. Anything over that, and many plants suffer. Strange, but plants need to sleep too.

Reply to
Phisherman