Lemon Plant - does anyone know its proper name?

I have a house plant which my mum gave me a cutting of a few years ago
she has had it in the family for years and we none of us remember wher it came from originally or what its rela name is.
It is very dark green, grows very fast, does not flower, it has leave that are quite broad but fan out at the ends, they feel quite furr when you touch them and more importantly when you rub them between you fingers they smell quite strongly of lemon/ citrus scent.
My Mum always calls it a lemon plant, but I believe this is wrong as i is not a relative of the lemon or indeed it does not grow lemons. I hav done some research on the internet and just cannot identify it.
Can anyone help?
Martin
-- mbelcher68
mbelcher68 wrote:

Does the leaf picture toward the bottom of this page seem similar? There are many lemon-scented plants but Pelargonium (commonly called scented geranium) is the first one that came to mind from your description.
http://www.mountainvalleygrowers.com/pelargoniums.htm
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]
John McGaw Wrote:

Thanks for your help John, I checked out the web link and I hav succesfully recognised my plant as a scented geranium citrosa! Just one further question if I may - the bio for this plant indicate that it flowers, but my plant has never ever flowered?
Thanks,
Martin. Andover, Hampshire, UK
-- mbelcher68
mbelcher68 wrote:

I suppose like all plants (well, except for dandelions maybe) conditions have to be right for blooming. You might never have gotten things to the plant's liking. I have a plant here that I can't identify -- a cousin gave it to me as a gift when I moved into this house and she said that it is indestructible. It has lived up to that description quite well. But in eight years it never bloomed once -- I just noticed today that there is a cluster of tiny white flowers on it so I must have finally given it the needed level of neglect. ;-)
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

post closeup of flower :-)
my impression in general ... scented pelargoniums like full sun, loose soil. i don't think they *need* to be dry, but i suspect soggy is bad.
You got a picture link for us?
There are many different lemon scented plants.