LED lights

has anybody heard anything good about led light??

Reply to
brian

Yes, it's brighter than LED dark. Any specific questions?

Reply to
Charles

I am thinking about getting some led grow lights. this site seems to sell some pretty inexpensive ligts atleast in bulk

brian

You must have money to burn! I would not call bulbs that cost $150 (US) each ($120 in lots of ten) cheap. You can buy a LOT of regular bulbs and pay for the electricity to run them for that.

Reply to
Bill R

Try posting with as much detail as you can to sci.eng.lighting. There are several people who keep up on LED technology. I wouldn't be too specific if you are planning to grow "Interesting" plants.

Reply to
Charles

Most of them are used for ambient or atmosphere lighting, not lighting a pathway. If they are hard wired, they may be much brighter than the solar LED units they sell.

If you want to try them, buy them from

and for thirty days if you don't like them you get a no questions asked full refund, less shipping the items back.

Reply to
Jangchub

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at

up:
the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I receive no compensation for running the Puregold list or Puregold website. I do not run nor receive any money from the ads at the old Puregold site. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Zone 5 next to Lake Michigan

Reply to
dr-solo

I comment on sci.engr.lighting, they're OK for lettuce - (maybe) :-

only commercial application I have been able to find and I wonder if they paid full price for those LEDs ? ;) )

compact fluorescents, but substantially less so than even small HIDs .. so even for (expensive) lettuce, their only selling point (outside of a laboratory) is lumen maintenance / longevity.... but the payback time surely has to be a decade or so ...

I reckon fluorescents are the best solution for domestic salad production.

Reply to
marzipan1960