Leaves on Tomato plant curling up

Hello to all!

I have tomato plants in large pots and tomato plants in my garden plot. The ones in the garden plot are doing well, smaller than the ones in the container pots, but..... The ones in the pots look like they're in trouble??? The leaves are starting to curl up, no sign of yellowing, or brown or bugs. The soil is triple mix with potting soil, yet the soil in my garden plot is alot poorer, I don't get it! Could it be early blight? Any suggestions? We live in southern Ontario, just moved here in November of 2003. Thank you, Deb.

Pepperqueen

Some varieties exhibit leaf roll under stress. It's a genetic trait (wilty gene). Pots (even large pots) tend to be warmer than the ground. Try doing something to shade or insulate the pots.

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz