Leatherwood Fern?

I bought this little package at home depot garden area and was surprised to see that the product was what looked like a half moon. I thought that fern's could only propagate through spores? Anyhow never heard of this type and it looks like a Boston Fern, that was what attracted me to it in the first place. That half moon object could be a tuber of some sort? I googled, but it does not say anything about a tuber.

Reply to
noel888

That is not much to go on.

But that doesn't mean that you bought spores (which may take special conditions to grow and develop) more likely you bought a small plant. But what?

Anyhow never

Not a tuber. I don't suppose this package had any description on it? Perhaps instructions for care and feeding? Even a name would be good.

This is all rather obscure.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

Yes you are correct that ferns reproduce by spores. That is a rather lengthy process, so they are also grown by divisions of the crown/roots. That is what is usually sold in those little packages. Plant it in rich, moist soil and keep moist,but not overly wet. I would start it in a pot until you see some new growth, then keep it in the pot or set it outside as you wish.

Emilie NorCal

Reply to
mleblanca

Yes, apparently that is what i would be waiting for. I was just curious...the package had no description on it...if it did, I wouldn't be asking.

Reply to
noel888