Leatherwood Fern?

I bought this little package at home depot garden area and was surprised to see that the product was what looked like a half moon. I thought that fern's could only propagate through spores? Anyhow never heard of this type and it looks like a Boston Fern, that was what attracted me to it in the first place. That half moon object could be a tuber of some sort? I googled, but it does not say anything about a tuber.
noel888 wrote:

That is not much to go on.

But that doesn't mean that you bought spores (which may take special conditions to grow and develop) more likely you bought a small plant. But what?
Anyhow never

Not a tuber. I don't suppose this package had any description on it? Perhaps instructions for care and feeding? Even a name would be good.
This is all rather obscure.
David

Yes you are correct that ferns reproduce by spores. That is a rather lengthy process, so they are also grown by divisions of the crown/roots. That is what is usually sold in those little packages. Plant it in rich, moist soil and keep moist,but not overly wet. I would start it in a pot until you see some new growth, then keep it in the pot or set it outside as you wish.
Emilie NorCal

Yes, apparently that is what i would be waiting for. I was just curious...the package had no description on it...if it did, I wouldn't be asking.