leaf shine

I always loved the look of shiny leaves. I see them in the malls. How do I achieve that look. Just wiping them leaves them dull. thanks in advance

Reply to
scullycat

Local stores carry a variety of cheap spray on wipe off bottles of leaf shine. I occasionally use Miracle-Gro non-aerosol leaf shine on rubber trees and Easter Lillies.

scullycat wrote:

advance

Reply to
Merle O'Broham

You can wipe the leaves with a cloth moistened with milk.

Reply to
Vox Humana

rubber

Reply to
Merle O'Broham

But I had recently read that leaf shine products aren't good to use, they generally contain wax which clogs the pores on the leaves and inhibits respiration. In other words, what looks aesthetic to you is not necessarily what's best for the plant.

Reply to
refs unpersons rewrite fullwis

Reply to
scullycat

or mayonaise.

LT

Reply to
Leighann

I used to work in a plant store. There we used the spray on leaf shine, but it is bad for the plants - blocks the pores. So we spayed it on and gently wiped it off each leaf witih a paper towel. It is VERY time intensive. I do this with all my house plants once or twice a year (usually when I have the flu and am not much good for anything else). An amazing amount of crud and dust comes off the leaves and the plants look great afterwards. Hosing them off does not have the same effect. Hilda

Reply to
Hilda