leaf miners

I am growing both hot and sweet pepper plants. Recently they all seem to have been literally invaded by leaf miners. I can see the tell-tale squigly lines. Leaves are turning yellow and brown. Originally someone advised me to pull off damaged leaves. I did this, and still do, but it doesn't seem to do much good. For one thing, too many leaves are damaged, and every time I go out to look at the plants, the leaf miners have moved on to new leaves or made even greater havoc of already damaged ones. I have also begun using a garlic spray, but this doesn't seem to be doing much good either. I don't want to use a non-organic pesticide since I am eating the fruits. It is amazing how quickly the leaves of all of these plants are being destroyed. If anyone has ever dealt successfully with this problem and knows a solution, I'd appreciate your sharing it... Thanks!

Reply to
chris