leaf miner on columbine!!!

Anybody had any good results with anything specific? Just thought I would ask before I went looking for something. Thanks. Jan H.
I just ignore it, or if it's really bad, cut the plant back and let it throw up new foliage. It doesn't seem to hurt the plant greatly to have some miner damage.
The miners are inside the leaves, so as I understand it, surface applications of pesticides are not really effective, you would need a systemic. More trouble and peril than its worth for me!
Cheers, Sue
--
snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMearthlink.net
Zone 6, South-central PA

Yep, I ignore it, too, and the columbines seem to survive just fine, a bit unsightly, but it's not worth trying too hard to get rid of them. If you catch them early you can remove the individual leaves, but it's hard to keep ahead of them.
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA