Leaf curl on peach tree

Hello fellow gardeners. I live on a Greek island and have a proble
with my peach trees, which may be from a type of moth that causes lea curl. I am totally organic, and would like to know if anyone has an suggestions for a non-chemical substance to help rid the trees of thi problem.
Thanks! Petalouth
-- petaloutha
petaloutha wrote:

It is more likely a fungus: peach leaf curl. Untreated, this can defoliate the tree. I do not know of any non-chemical treatment.
On my own tree, I use a copper sulfate spray right after pruning and then again just before the flower buds open. This year, however, rains interfered with my spraying schedule. The second spraying had to be delayed until after the flowering was done. (I do not spray where bees are active.) By the time I was able to do the second spraying, leaf curl had already attacked my tree. I think this second spraying did halt the progression of the disease, but nothing can undo the damage that already happened.
--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/

On the other hand, my newly planted peach tree developed leaf curl (I presume from the nursery). I forgot to water the thing for a little while and a good number of the damaged leaves fell off. Then, it was attacked by deer and they striped almost all of the remaining leaves off. I think that, for the most part, my peach leaf curl problem is gone for this season. (I'll be spraying the tree this coming fall, though.)
However, I don't recommend this season's method of, uh, "treatment" for anybody else. :)
--Bryan
* Can't see the Forest | Bryan B. *