Lazarus Rhodies

Hello friends,
I am new here and have a question. Actually three questions.
1. Is there a faq for this forum?
2. I had nice Rhododendron in the yard that just got awfully puny over years past, failing to bud, failing to flower when it did bud, dropping leaves and generally being punk for three years. I finally cut it down to the ground and for the past two years it was just a pathetic 4 armed stump about 2" high. Suddenly this year it is sprouting leaves and acting as if it's going to grow. Have you EVER heard of such a thing? Should I move it or wait and see what it does? The soil tests a bit acidic (5.5). Also, it receives about 4 hrs of sun per day.
Thanks, Maggie

Not that I have seen

Dunno, nothing jumps out at me. Where are you?
In answer to the third question : absolutely yes, let it all hang out!
David

Hi Maggie, would like to see some picture of your garden? Why not sharing them on e.g. rixa.com? Looking forward, Alex.

Hi Alex, I went to rixa.com but it is a forum one must "join" to post pictures. I will try to find another place to put some soon. Don't expect too much though as my garden is only an amateur effort...I have much to learn. Thanks for asking.
Maggie

Hi Maggie,
registration with rixa.com should be pretty easy - even I was able... ;-)
Just give it a try - looking forward!
Alex

A pH of 5.5 is good. However, the decline may have been due to poor drainage. Good drainage is very important. Also, 4 hours of sun per day is minimum to get good flower bud production. For more on growing rhodies, visit my website below:

Thanks Steven, I'll go take a look at your links.
Maggie