laying turf

can anyone tell me is it too late now to lay turf. i live in central Scotland and we have recently broke up concrete garage base. time has ran away,will we need to wait until spring.looking forward to any reply

Reply to
murdoch5

I have ZERO firsthand experience but . . . I did a quick Google search on "too late to lay sod" and get the impression that it's not too late if 1)the GROUND IS NOT FROZEN not frozen and 2) you are ABLE TO WATER THE SOD.

Here are links to 2 of the 3 sites Google came up with:

Erma1ina