LawnMower Blade

Has anyone used a Dremel tool and their lawn mower blade sharpener attachment to sharpen their lawn mower blade? According to the product, it seems too good and easy to be true, so wondering if anyone has done it and what the results were.

Reply to
Steve

I use Dremel tool but not with any special sharpener. Works fine. Frank

Reply to
Frank Logullo

Belt sander or angle grinder is way quicker.

Reply to
bamboo

snipped-for-privacy@localnet.com expounded:

Ture, if you have one. I've got a dremel, so I use it.

Reply to
Ann

I have a Dremel too, but I prefer to buy a grinder "bit" for my full sized AC power drill and use that instead. The amount of grinding I have to do on my mower blades would take too long with a Dremel. I also precede the process with a wire brushing to remove all caked on grass and rust.

Dave.

Reply to
Dave Mitton

Thanks for the info, I just saw that Dremel had a "lawn mower blade sharpner" attachment that made it look like a piece of cake. The attachment really is just a slot guide for a lawn mower blade to slip in with the dremel head in the middle. It seemed like a quick and easy sharpening if it worked well and didn't take forever. I come from a family where dad used to break out the water stones, grinders, etc for perfection in sharpening because he enjoyed it. Unfortunately, I didn't get those mechanical abilities so I need something foolproof :)

Reply to
Steve