Lawncare

Take the information for what it is worth and don't worry that a company sent it out.

  1. If you want to prevent grubs, now is the time to appy the products to do so. It helps with the environment because treating now with the specific product for grubs is a lot less toxic than treating after they are already doing damage to the turf and the lawn company has to use a general pest control that kills a lot more insects including the beneficial ones.

  1. Webworms are all over the south. Rather than let them do any further damage to very expensive trees in your landscape, get them sprayed. There are a lot of very environmentally responsible ways to treat the infestations. Just treat them so you don't lose your investments.

  2. Fall is fast approaching. The best time to seed a good local blend of fescue varieties. If you have shady, thin, bare, or existing fescue areas then it will be time to seed in September. It's not cheap or easy work so you should start to prepare the soil for better germination rates. Yes I should use spellcheck more.

  1. A soil test from a local reputable lawn company or extension office will check for your pH. If the soil pH is too hi or low then the plant investments in your landscape including your turfgrass will not be able to absorb the correct nutrients it needs to remain healthy. If you have had a pH test with bad results then late summer heat will be that much worse on your plants. Amendments to the soil the correct pH or soil structure will go a long way from now through winter to prevent more damage.

We care about everyones environment and want to be a reliable resource for anyone anywhere. We are a locally owned company and only treat lawns in the Greater Oklahoma City Metro area but are happy to answer questions from anywhere. We have been to a lot of conferences around the country and have made friends with many reputable companies. Maybe we can help you find what you are looking for. We don't want to spam. We just want to help make our environment look good with professionals doing the work correctly.

Reply to
travelinmatt

...primarily involved in entomaphobia... Acts of creation are ordinarily reserved for gods and poets. To plant a pine, one need only own a shovel.

-- Aldo Leopold

Reply to
Tom Jaszewski