Lawn turned brown, still needs winterize?

This is the first time I have this kind of lawn. It turns brown in winter. Do I still need to winterize it? If yes, when? Is it too late now? Thanks.

Any idea where you live?
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

too late.

http://i15.tinypic.com/34zk3r7.jpg
187 Willowen Dr
Rochester, NY 14609-3233
(585) 467-3339

Winterize now and in the Spring you need to plant some trees!
Dick
Doug Kanter wrote:

Go ahead and let the darn thing die.
Every Saturday spent pushing a lawn mower around a yard is one less day on the boat.
Is there any behavior stranger than spending $$$$$ on fertilizer, $$$$ on water, and $$$$ on a lawn mower just so your days off will be monopolized by an expanse of ridiculous vegetation?
If there is, it must have something to do with owning a boat. :-)
> Is there any behavior stranger than spending $$$$$ on fertilizer, $$$$ > on water, and $$$$ on a lawn mower just so your days off will be > monopolized by an expanse of ridiculous vegetation?
You make a good point here.
-Jim
Chuck Gould wrote:

Doug Kanter wrote:

some insect killer, once again about June, and a third time in Aug. Meantime, rent a thatcher, or buy a thatcher blade for your lawnmower, rake up all the dead stuff and reseed.
For reason's I can't explain the strip between Syracuse and Buffalo is Grub heaven. Gotta kill them off at least every Aug. Miss a year and you get to start over on your lawn (I know from experience)
I would really like to know what sort of grass is planted along the expressways -- it seems to resist grubs, and stay green all summer!
Seasonal grass will turn brown in the winter. I can't make any recommendations on how to have a (winter) green lawn without knowing your location. Generally fall is the most effective time for lawn care in the US.