Lawn turned brown, still needs winterize?

This is the first time I have this kind of lawn. It turns brown in winter. Do I still need to winterize it? If yes, when? Is it too late now? Thanks.

Reply to
John Smith

Any idea where you live?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

North Carolina. Sounds like there might be a chance that it's not too late.

Reply to
John Smith

Yes. I live here....

Willowen Dr

Rochester, NY 14609-3233

(585) 467-3339

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Winterize now and in the Spring you need to plant some trees!

Dick

Reply to
Dick Adams

Go ahead and let the darn thing die.

Every Saturday spent pushing a lawn mower around a yard is one less day on the boat.

Is there any behavior stranger than spending $$$$$ on fertilizer, $$$$ on water, and $$$$ on a lawn mower just so your days off will be monopolized by an expanse of ridiculous vegetation?

If there is, it must have something to do with owning a boat. :-)

Reply to
Chuck Gould

You make a good point here.

-Jim

Chuck Gould wrote:

Reply to
Boaterdude

You are running a smorgasboard for grubs. Next spring treat the lawn to some insect killer, once again about June, and a third time in Aug. Meantime, rent a thatcher, or buy a thatcher blade for your lawnmower, rake up all the dead stuff and reseed.

For reason's I can't explain the strip between Syracuse and Buffalo is Grub heaven. Gotta kill them off at least every Aug. Miss a year and you get to start over on your lawn (I know from experience)

I would really like to know what sort of grass is planted along the expressways -- it seems to resist grubs, and stay green all summer!

Reply to
Jim,

Reply to
Phisherman