lawn trimmer fence damage

I was going to purchase a lawn trimmer. Has anyone had any trouble with the cord damaging fence boards or trees. I am concerned that after time I will create gashes in my fence.

Have observed the trimmer cutting line: chip and score paint on a painted fence leave score marks on softwoods like cedar chip pine wood if run with the grain score/damage vinyl siding chip/score the paint off composite concrete siding damage young sapling trees
Dave