Lawn rolling

A local landscaper just leafletted the houses in my area, promoting lawn rolling for $18.00, price good till May 1. Can't blame him for promoting, but the ground's still kind of squishy. In any case, I'm thinking of going for the service. In my previous house, the lawn always settled nicely after the winter. The new house is a different story. I moved here in September and the lawn was so bumpy that unless I slowed the mower to a crawl, some of the wheels were off the ground all the time from the bouncing.
The real question, though: Unless this same landscaper can aerate the lawn afterward, I won't have the rolling done (by him). In terms of working time, should aerating take about as long as rolling? More? Less? I'm sort of looking for price guidance before I call him.
The yard's completely flat, by the way.

I will let you roll on my lawn for $15.
Yes I would aerate after rolling , last year my neighbor aerated and then rolled I think it was a waste to do the aerating if your going to roll it shut again , my lot is 3,500 sg ft and to aerate it is 45.00 Can . I am not a big fan of rolling but I know a lot of people have it done

Doug Kanter wrote:

lawn rolling is one of the biggest scams landscapers pull. Maybe afterward you can have them buff your driveway.
Depending on your soil type, rolling a squishy lawn could be a disaster. Here in SE Wis. we have a lot of clay and rolling when moist would level the lawn, but compact it so much that it would turn to concrete.
In any event, no matter your soil type, filling in the depressions and overseeding, if necessary, is your best bet.