Lawn mower just fell in the pool...

Seriously! Just wondering if anyone here knows what I should do before I take it to the shop tomorrow.
Thanks

The first thing I would do is take it out of the pool. I am sure others would agree.
:)

ROTFLMAO!
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

great advice Bob!!!! (another reason I love this newsgroup so much, you never know when someone here is so informative, and I mean that most sincerely) got any clues as to what to do about the cord on mine that is stretched all the way out and refuses to rewind? new cord? New cord and reel? Squire is on the road and I sense the grass soon will suspect as much and need to figure this out before it starts growing in the paths soon............ madgardener up on the ridge, back in Fairy Holler where I do have weedy, grassy growth between the raised beds in Eastern Tennessee, zone 7, Sunset zone 36 once it gets consistantly warm

It sounds like the recoil spring is broken. You have to take off the case on the top of the engine that covers it. Sometimes it breaks close to the end and you can grind a couple notches in the spring to re-use it. Otherwise, get a new one.
Bob
Bob wrote:

I would take the plug out before cranking. Unless the lawn mower was running when it went in, there's probably not much in the cylinder, but if there is, it will make it very difficult to crank.

Sure buddy, tell that to the cops when they hit with first degree lawn mower murder.
Bill Miracle declared:

Grass in the pool? You *have* got a problem...
--
You can't have it all....
Where would you put it anyway ??
Bigjon wrote:

If it was a gas mower, I'd be more worried about the gas (and oil) than the grass. Pool filters aren't made for that sort of thing.
If it was an electric mower, let it dry out at least a few days before plugging it in again.
--
Warren H.

==========

Sober-Up?
Hound Dog
Maybe you should lay off the alcohol.
Drunk driving an automobile is against the law.

Thanks for all the serious answers. I didn't removed the air intake or flywheel but did the cylinder and oil pan drain.
Thanks for the great advice!

If it was running at the time you should bring your wallet!
I don't suppose you are ever going to tell the tale of how this happened? (sorry it is at your expense but it was a good chuckle for the day). DK

W_D_GreatDivider wrote:

Yeah. We're all curious. Is (was) it a self-propelled model or were you not watching what you were doing? Did you go in with it? Don't you have a fence around your pool? (I assume it's not an above-ground pool) Besides, where are you that you were mowing the grass in February? (or did this happen last fall and you're just getting around to thinking about the mowing season?) Maybe you were practicing the mower throw for the redneck olympics?
On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 15:56:52 -0500, Dwight Sipler

k For more info about the International Society of Arboriculture, please visit http://www.isa-arbor.com/home.asp . For consumer info about tree care, visit http://www.treesaregood.com /

Is your pool shop open this time of the year ;)
http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman

If it were a walk behind and mine I would......
If you got it out quick enough just empty all the fluids out of it and replace them (gas and oil), remove air cleaner and have some one crank it whilst you spray WD40 into the carb until it starts. I would also put a touch of WD40 on linkages etc....
Disclaimer: No warranty express or implied if it explodes and kills you or your dog we are not responsible, nope not us. Do anything at your own risk. Don't try this at home. Anything you say may be held against you by someone somewhere somehow.
Steve at SELLCOM
--
http://www.sellcom.com
Discount multihandset cordless phones by Siemens, AT&T, Panasonic, Motorola