lawn mower bags

My lawn mower shot out all the grass to the yard. So after the mow, the yard looks pretty ugly with streaks of dead grass. Especially when it gets dry, it's really bad. So I'm wondering if there is some kind of bad I could buy to tie up to the place where the lawn mower shoot the grass out. Thanks

If your mower is designed to use a bag, you can probably get one from a parts dealer who services your brand of mower. It is unlikely that you can retrofit a bag onto a mower that was not design to accept a bag. Most people agree that mulching mowers are the best choice. They will cut the grass clippings into fine particle that are returned to the lawn for nutrients and to retain moisture. You might want to look for a new mower or shop some yard sales for a used one.

Really, a mulching mower is a better solution. For right now if you mow your lawn more frequently (shorter clippings) and set the mower for a higher grass height, the dried clippings will hide better between the blades of grass. I'd check the sharpness of the mower after every two or three uses. If you have the time, immediately doing a second pass will mince the clippings even finer.
Regards.

Of course there is the old fashion solution to the problem: rake and remove the clumps of grass. It's not elegant but it is time tested, low tech, and free.
On 5/5/04 8:04 PM, in article KVhmc.29338$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com,

and mulching blades...I think that mulching blades are sharp all along the blade (not just at the ends). A change of blades may also help. But I don't know for sure. Just a thought I had. Gary Fort Langley, BC Canada