Lawn Drainage

Hello,
We just finished building our house this spring and now I need to tackle the job of installing drainage for gutters, sump pump and some low lying areas. I have a retention pond at the rear corner of my property so I will be draining into there. I also slope 14' from front opposite corner to that rear corner so slope should not be an issue.
My question is, what kind of pipe is best? I have been thinking about using the really good SDR26 pipe, green gasketed stuff for sewer lines although it is really expensive and I need 429' of the stuff. What other options are there? I don't want to use the black corrugated pipe because I think it is crap.
Thanks. Curtis
Unfortunately, HDPE pipe is the industry standard material for most residential landscape drainage systems. Why do you think it's crap?
Dave

Dave,
Well, this is just my oppinion. I have a 1.5 acre lot and I got a sizeable Kubota tractor. I don't want to risk collapsing it as I know it collapses easy as well as I believe that it clogs easier than a smooth wall pipe due to the corrugations. Either way, I think I will be using some sort of smooth wall alternative which seems to be SDR26 or SDR35 pipe.
Thanks. Curtis
Hi Curtis,
Corrugated HDPE can come with the interior smooth, however the corrugation serves to slow runoff and increase percolation (when full perforated pipe is used). If a filter sock is used you'll minimize the possibility of clogging (they come pre-equipped with filter sock now, really convenient.)
Dave

Hi Dave,
Thanks. I think I have decided that I am going to go ahead and use corrugated HDPE pipe however I am going to ensure that it is at least 12" underground. Now, the question, if I use this pipe with filter sock, do I still need to bury it in gravel as well? Would I be better served useing HDPE with no perforations for my longer runs? Like I said, I have a retention pond at the rear corner of my lot and my lot slopes 14' diagonally towards this corner so flow should not be a problem. I intend to run it to there or would it be better to just terminate each run under ground with perforated pipe and a french drain?
Thanks. Curtis
There are several books describing this process, most of them very similar.

If you read the sales literature for the drain sock, I believe it says it eliminates the need for a gravel/sand bed etc.