Lawn depressions

A couple of spots in my lawn have started to sink. Upon investigation, I found a number of little holes, like rodents would make. I believe the rodents have moved on -- my hunting cat used to haunt that section of the yard from the moment she went outside, but now it no longer attracts her -- but I still have these depressions in the lawn that are rather hazardous to inattentive foot traffic. Is there any way to repair them while preserving the grass?

Reply to
Chelsea Christenson

Cut a large "H" in the grass and gently pull back the tabs while cutting the grass loose from the soil. Add top soil to the exposed area. You could mix a handful of compost or rotted manure to the top soil. Fold back the tabs and water well. Water again the next day, then water as needed.

Reply to
Phisherman