Lawn damage from roof shingles

Hi. I had my roof replaced a few days ago. The job took one day, and it was a very hot day. The crew threw shingles all over the lawn as they worked, and wherever the shingles laid, that spot is now a yellow patch of grass.
I have little lawn care experience, and am wondering if this is a temporary condition -- just grass blade damage that'll grow back. Or if the grass is just dead and I'm looking at future bald spots.
Anyone have had similar experience?
Don't worry, the grass will recover in a few days.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math