Lawn advice needed.

Installation of a walkway left us with a messed up lawn and we want to try to repair it right away. We realize that this is not the best time to put in new grass or overseed here in southern New England, but perhaps there are strains of grass that could be coaxed to grow despite the summer temperatures here. It's a partly shaded area getting about 4-5 hours of direct sun during the day.

Would appreciate suggestions regarding types/mixtures of grass that anyone has had luck with under these conditions.

Reply to
Martin

Consider a small patch of ground cover along your walk. . Adds interest and no need to cut.

Bill

Reply to
William Wagner

If you can keep it watered it is no problem. Don't let the seedbed dry out. Do yourself a favor and do a pH test and ammend the soil. CT master gardener

Reply to
bamboo

What's the current soil temperature an inch or so down, at night and during the hottest part of the day?

Reply to
Kay Lancaster