Laurel hedging

Hello
I bought some 6 foot laurels a few weeks back in pots. We have been unable to plant them, and have had to leave them in their pots. We have been watering them regularly and hopefully should get them in the ground within the next few weeks.
Can anyone give me advice on a plant food to keep them healthy before planting?
thanks for you help
--
alanbrook

If they were mine, I would water them at the base with Miracle-Gro, because that is fast-acting, and gets to the roots fast.
James
James wrote:

But do you really want to encourage growth on potted bushes that are awaiting transplanting? And if it's kalmia latifolia, wouldn't you want Miracid or another acid fertilizer?
gloria p