Last frost

Oooops, I didn't mean marigolds. Sorry. Brain lockup. I meant narcissus. I don't know why I occasionally mix up the names.
Sorry!

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 21:16:38 +0000, Crystal wrote:

In Wisconsin the last frost is July 31. First frost, August 1.
Very cute. Wonder if there's any connection? ;) I don't know about a saying, but I used to hold out on buying new flowers until after I'd filed my taxes, which was usually at the last minute, of course! At least it kept me from filing an extension. ;) Last year my son walked me through filing them online at taxbrain.com, and it was so easy that I went back to the site this year and have already finished my 2003's. Now I have to wait another month before I can even think about planting, grrrr! Maybe procrastination was better after all.
Deena
~remove 'queen' to email me~ I'm actually just a princess ... ;-)
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

Crystal wrote:

A local nurseryman told me that frost as late as the end of March would not be rare. In most years, however, I see no frost after Frebruary.
If you are in northern California, you must be very near the coast to avoid frost.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean