Large Pot

Page 2 of 2

Most any plumbing supply and floor tile store will have abrasive hole saws, and they are not very costly, a 3/4" will run about $15... a universal arbor about another $8. Naturaly you'll need a drill motor, preferably variable speed, as you'll need a very low speed for hole saws... I''ll assume every DIYer has an assortment of drill motors... if you don't own any drill motors you shouldn't be attmpting this project at all. Of course I'll bet you can plug a neat hole in that pot for the price of one .22 long.
On 4/21/2008 10:46 AM, Billy wrote:

I took such a pot to a local nursery that sells ceramic pots, including some without drain holes. They drilled a hole for me after I signed a waiver stating that there was risk of breakage during drilling and that I would not hold them liable for such breakage. They would even drill one of their own pots but only after I bought and paid for it and signed the waiver.
If you don't have a drain hole, then you should choose a plant that can accept (but doesn't really require) wet soil. In such a large pot as you describe, there always is the risk of overwatering in a way that cannot be readily detected.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean