Large Hosta Suggestions

Greetings all from zone 7 - (6 weeks till spring) - Maryland
A question regarding hosta's. 'She who must be obeyed' mentioned that she's tired of the green and cream vaiaged hosta's that were adorning the walkway for the past 10 years...(btw, I planted those myself, fed them, divided them and developed my green thumb with them... there's a little proudness over here).
So, there are several spots in the landscape where a very large specimen Hosta would live nicely. Large meaning 3 foot tall, by about 6' around..... I can't remember the name of the Blue Hosta's that grow that large, but are there other suggestions ??
Where would be a good place to purchase these plants Mail order works for me, as none of the local Big Boxes or Garden centers have much of a selection, except for the usual plants....
It's 6 weeks till spring.....I need to get out and do something for the garden.
Your thoughts and suggestions are appreciated...
Thanks !!
Peter
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Elegans comes to mind.
<http://www.whiteflowerfarm.com/cgi-local/search.pl?text=Elegans&name.x=1 9&name.y=6&name=Go>
May be cheaper some where else. White flower does have other blue hosta's use them as a visual plant dictionary.
Bill who likes hosta mixed with caladiums especially white christmas.
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com said:

would
These are my suggestions. The links are not an endorsement of the supplier, just convenient illustrations and write-ups.
Really blue and big:
Blue Angel http://www.paradisegarden.com/shop/product.php?id=PGH0002&browse=4:very+large
Blue Umbrellas http://www.nhhostas.com/blue-umbrellas-hosta.htm
Tall and blue:
Krossa Regal http://www.paradisegarden.com/shop/product.php?id=PGH0029&browse=4:very+large
Really big and tending toward chartreuse:
Sum and substance http://www.bluestoneperennials.com/b/bp/HOSSP.html
Not quite as big as the above, but large and lovely (BONUS! fragrant flowers):
Guacamole (blue w/green subtle variegation) http://www.bluestoneperennials.com/b/bp/HOGUP.html
Stained Glass (blue with chartreuse-to-gold variegation) http://www.directsourcehostas.com/Stained_Glass.html
These last two are favorites of mine.
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"So, it was all a dream."
On 2/25/09 6:36 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@Pat-Kiewicz.nntp.motzarella.org, "Pat Kiewicz"

I'll add Honey Bells to the list. ( you can google on your own) Large and very rich green tone here in NH. And quite fragrant
And I may have to add Stained Glass to my garden. That is lovely.
Cheryl
Yes, isn't that Stained Glass just gorgeous!

There is only a handful of plants I want to add, and you added one.
Of course, I have to wait and see how much shade is left now the December ice storm took three big branches from over my hosta garden
On 2/26/09 9:08 AM, in article Rnxpl.1543$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe21.iad, "Andrew

I would add white Christmas to your hosta's. Brightens up dark areas and I treat them as annuals here.
<http://www.whiteflowerfarm.com/40650-product.html
A lot cheaper elsewhere . Like 5 for $10.
Bill
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Do not look at this. http://www.flickr.com/photos/tidewatermuse/134222791 /