Lapin cherry , no flowers

I have a Lapin cherry tree that I planted 2 yrs ago (I guess it was 1yr old at the time). The tree did not put out any flowers yet (nor did last year), there are plenty of leaves starting though.
On the other hand, a Van cherry that I planted last year is already getting some flowers out... Any idea why this difference?
TIA, Luca