lantanna

I live in Houston Tx. and our spring is here. The stems of my lantana are brown but there are flowers. So should I leave it alone or trim it down? If I trim it should I cut it all the way to the ground? Phyl
Is that a Carlos Lantana? ;-)
Do whatever you want.
Since Lantana flower on the new growth, you may want to trim it somewhat to get it into shape.
If you trim it all the way to the ground, it probably won't come back.

If
Cereus-validus wrote:

Here in southern New Mexico, Lantana is an herbaceous perennial, and you *have* to cut it to the ground each winter. As long as the soil doesn't remain cold and wet in the winter (such as when overplanted with Pansies or other winter annuals), it should come back just fine.
--
Brett Woywood
opined:

Yes, it's very reliably hardy in Texas USDA Zone 8b, as well. I cut mine to the ground about now. I am starting to see new growth at the base.
On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 18:11:55 GMT, "Harvey R. Stone"

Cutting it all the way to the ground seems like a waste to me. I'd just take off the dead parts and leave the live parts to grow. I'm still waiting for mine to leaf out so I can tell where to make the cuts.
Regards,
Hal in Middle Georgia