Labournum tree (golden chain tree)

I picked up some seeds from a seed swap recently and would like some information on growing from seed. Has anyone had sucess growing them from seed. I am in zone 5b. Thanks
-- Dana www3.sympatico.ca/lostmermaid
According to Dirr:
" Seed should be scarified in sulfuric acid for 15 to 30 minutes... Seeds of LABURNUM contain an alkaloid called cytisine, which can be fatal to children and adults. This compound is contained in all parts of the plant. Supposedly, one small seed can prove toxic to a small child. Extreme care should be exercised when using this plant in a public area."
-- David J. Bockman, Fairfax, VA (USDA Hardiness Zone 7) email: snipped-for-privacy@beyondgardening.com http://beyondgardening.com/Albums

I already know about the poison part. So feeding my neighbor (not a nice one) a beatiful tea of unknown origins is out? I read to soak the seeds for 24 hours but nothing about sulfuric acid. Where would they get that in the wild? How about ideal place to plant. I understand they like a cooler area to grow. Would morning and noon sun but not afternoon be best?
-- Dana www3.sympatico.ca/lostmermaid

from
Again, I will defer to Dirr as I have no direct experience with this tree:
"Transplant balled-and-burlapped or container-grown in spring as a small tree into moist, well-drained soil; the plant is adaptable to many situations but prefers light shade in the hot part of the day; will not withstand standing water; also cold injury can be a problem; withstands high pH conditions; prune after flowering; should be looked upon as a short-lived tree in the Midwest and probably East; not at all heat tolerant, possibly excessively high night temperatures, and therefore not suitable for the South, although a tree in Spartanburg, SC persists; several newly planted trees in the Milliken Arboretum have died and the remaining plant persists by a thread.... Good in the shrub border, near buildings, corners of houses; plant in a protected spot; very effective when grouped in three's and five's; makes a tremendous show in flower; truly a beautiful plant in flower and the German popular name, Goldregen (Golden Rain), is most appropriate; widely planted in Europe but not so common in the United States; at Bodnant Gardens, Wales, there is the famous "Laburnum Arch" with the plants trained across a structure about 50 to 75 yards long; the flowers cascade and the visitors can walk through this feature; my visit coincided with full flower and the effect was just overwhelming."

I started mine in seed beds outside in the fall and they germinated the next spring. They were fresh seeds, I just imitated nautre because they will seed themselves in this area. I am zone 6 Susan