Kumquat Tree

If a kumquat tree is grown from a seed, how long would it take to bear fruit?
On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 17:54:39 +0000, Snubis wrote:

http://www.citrus-tree-care.com/propagation.html for details. Click in left column on how to propagate.
Trees started from seeds may be sterile, i.e., no fruit.

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood...

Is there a female woodchuck nearby?
chaz

That site doesn't say how long it would take a kumquat tree to bear fruit.

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 21:24:53 +0000, Snubis wrote:

http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/morton/kumquat.html is another site. I like the part where it says that the plant is rarely grown from seed due to the fact that it does not do well on its own roots. Rather, grafting seems to be the propagation method of choice.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kumquat is another reference.
Guessing, if you are lucky you may see blooms in 7 years.
WiGard wrote:

I've read that key limes will fruit in about 3 years from seed. I would expect kumquats to be about the same.
Best regards, Bob
Snubis wrote:

Long enough for me to kick your ass.